Sunday, February 22, 2015

Coming Home

Geranium Justice has been on a break but wait, it’s about to start again. There are so many stories to tell you; tales of redemption, second chances and successes, in spite of the odds stacked against the outcomes. These will belong to those who’ve been on the other side of the walls, those who are still there and those who are doing their time on the outside working on correcting damages done to them and by them. I want to thank you all for reading Geranium Justice. Although many of you have been among the rarest of people who claim not to have been affected by crime or the criminal justice system (although this is hard to believe as we are all tax payers), you have all told me that after reading the book you’ve become sensitized to the issues and that you’ve envisioned and connected to not only me but the people I’ve written about. I thank you again as these people don’t have a voice and few hear them when they do speak. While my book is my story, I’ve heard so many of you relate to my experience of single parenting, women’s issues in the work place, following a dream and taking risks for what you believe in. It’s hard to look the other way once we become aware of injustice. Our great moral questions lie beneath the screaming daily headlines of brutality in our prisons, convictions of innocents, the death penalty, privacy vs. public safety, restorative justice and the many ordinary debates that consider individual rights along with greater public good. I hope to take you along in my travels exploring these questions and I expect we will find that one size does not fit all. My search is also to bring you hope in a way that will balance the scales of the fear and sensationalism we regularly hear. You have time to read Geranium Justice which is available online through Amazon and Barnes and Noble and ebooks, if you are behind the times. Check back often as I will catch up with you soon. “There is a field beyond right and wrong. I will meet you there” Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment